N10/+ Root Guide
This guide will help you take your virgin N10 phone to a fully rooted phone.
It is highly recommended that you use an external SD card for this process as the steps has you formatting the internal data a couple of times, so having this on an external SD will keep this all intact.
Also note that MTP to your phone via a PC can get varied results, hence why again using an SD card is recommended as with an adaptor you can plug this straight into your PC and into phone when needed.
--Download Latest Official Firmware (PC)--
· On PC Download Samfirm from the following Please login to see this link.
· Extract the zip and run samfirm.exe
· Enter your model and Region (I.E Model=N975F, Region=BTU)
· Tick ‘Auto’
· Click Check Update
· It should show you the latest firmware version
· Click Download
· Firmware will download and decrypt (if Decrypt automatically was ticked)
· Default download location (My Documents)
--Download ODIN 3.13.1 (PC)--
· Go Please login to see this link. and download the latest version of ODIN
**WARNING THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA**
· Enable developer Settings
(Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Tap build number 7 times (Enter your device pin)
· Go into Developer option and enable ‘OEM Unlocking’ (Enter Device Pin)
· WARNING MESSAGE: Click turn on
· Power of your phone
· Hold Bixby + Volume Down and plug in your phone to your PC
Download mode should now be shown
· Hold Volume Up, you’ll get a warning message, then press volume up to accept.
· This will now wipe your data and automatically reboot
· Boot the phone
· Go through initial set-up but skip everything for now
· Enable developer mode again and OEM unlocking (or should be enabled and greyed out)
· You are now done, and your bootloader will now allow ‘Unofficial Images’
--Download Latest TWRP (Phone)--
· On your phone Download the latest TWRP image for your model to the phones external SD card from Please login to see this link.
· We will need this later….
--Patch Firmware & TWRP File--
· On your PC extract the firmware files (AP, BL, CP and HOME_CSC)
· Copy the AP file to your SD card and enter SD card in your phone
· On your phone download the latest Magisk Manager APK from Please login to see this link.
· Install the app.
· You may need to allow to “Install Unknow Apps” for chrome
1. Load up Magisk Manager on your phone
2. Next to ‘Magisk is not installed.” Click Install
3. Click Install on the pop up
4. Click ‘Select and Patch a File’
5. Select the AP file you copied across to your external SD
6. Magisk will now patch the AP file
7. A file called magisk_pached.tar will be created
· Repeat steps 2-4 but this time for the TWRP image file you downloaded earlier to your external SD.
· At the end of this process you should have two files
magisk_patched.tar and magisk_patched.img
· One is a Magisk patched version of TWRP (.IMG) and the other is a Magisk patched version of stock rom (.TAR)
--Rename and repackage--
· Remove the SD card from your phone and plug into PC
· Copy the above files from the SD to you PC
magisk_patched.tar & magisk_patched.img
· Rename the file magisk_patched.img to recovery.img
· Open the file magisk_patched.tar using a zip tool (I.E 7Zip) inside the archive remove the existing recovery.img and replace with the new patched recovery.img you made above
--Download Multi-disabler (Phone)--
· On your phone download multi disabler from Please login to see this link.
· Ensure this is on your External SD card
--Flash Patched File--
· Turn off your phone and boot into download mode (Hold Power + Bixby + Plug in USB)
· Press volume up to enter download mode
· On PC load up Odin
· Using the patched file and other files you extracted earlier place the following files in the following location
AP = magisk_patched.tar (Created above with custom patched recovery.img inside)
BL = BL_XXXXXXX (Extracted from original firmware file)
CP = CP_XXXXX (Extracted from original firmware file)
CSC = HOME_CSC_XXXXXX (Extracted for original firmware file)
· Under the options tab ensure ‘AUTO REBOOT’ is not ticked
· Click Start – This should take 5 – 10mins to complete.
--Full Data Wipe--
**DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP**
· Your phone should still be in Download Mode
· Review the next few steps to familiarise yourself with the button combinations
· Press Power + Volume Down for a few seconds to exit download mode
· AS SOON AS THE SCREEN GOES BLACK
HOLD Power + Bixby + Volume Up
KEEP HOLDING THESE KEYS UNTIL YOU SEE THE TWRP LOGO
· If TWRP runs a script and then reboots, immediately hold the same buttons again to get back into TWRP
--Multidisabler and Date Wipe--
· Click Install and select the Multidisabler.zip you downloaded earlier – DO NOT REBOOT
· Back to main menu in TWRP select WIPE>FORMAT DATA and TYPE YES, CLICK TICK BUTTON
**WHEN COMPLETE DO NOT REBOOT**
· Back to menu of TWRP select WIPE and swipe to do a Factory Reset (Data,Cache and Dalvik wipe) **WHEN COMPLETE DO NOT REBOOT**
· Back to main menu, Click Reboot, and Choose Recovery (Don’t hold any Buttons)
· The system will start booting (and will automatically reboot the first time)
· When booted, complete the initial set-up (Internet Connection is required), If you are going to custom rom, then you can skip logging into your account.
· Open Magisk (if it’s not in your app draw then manually install)
· Complete the steps required by Magisk
Originally this guide was maded by Alan Thomas.